Major Fundraising Course Specially designed training for securing major donations from a variety of sources
Major Fundraising can provide an important contribution to realising your organisation’s ambitions. It is therefore critical to develop skills to ensure the effectiveness of efforts to secure these large financial sums. Knowing which techniques to employ and how best to implement them is vital to maximising the prospects of your Major Fundraising efforts.
Finding suitable individuals and developing a relationship with them are necessary processes for securing major donations. Once a relationship has been established, it is common to work together with your potential donor to develop a project and this requires a specific skillset that you will learn in this course. Understanding the needs and desires of your potential donor and being able to incorporate them into such a project are keys to successful Major Fundraising.
This course covers the three key types of Major Fundraising: individual major gifts, corporate partnerships and legacy fundraising. These domains of Major Fundraising make it distinct from other forms of fundraising and it is therefore critical to undertake each of these areas, and the characteristics that are unique to them, well to ensure your organisation is realising its fundraising potential.
Ziel & Zielgruppe
This course will teach you the specifics of Major Fundraising as distinct from other forms of fundraising, and will cover the three key areas of Major Fundraising: individual major gifts, corporate partnerships and legacy fundraising. The course will equip you with the skillset to find donors and their affiliates, contact them and develop lasting relationships with them over time. Emphasis is placed on techniques for engaging with individuals to achieve your fundraising objectives. You will also be equipped with an understanding of how to guide the development of a project with your potential donor to give it the greatest chance of success. You will possess strategies for effectively managing the key relationships required for securing the major donations you desire.
The target groups of this course are individuals who are engaged or will engage with existing and potential major donors and who wish to understand how to maximise the value of potential major contributions. Also, those seeking to become skilful collaborators on projects with major donors and those looking for a comprehensive approach to donor engagement, covering different types of major donors and instilling essential techniques for fostering strong relationships.
- What is Legacy Fundraising?
- The Legacy Fundraising Cycle and its applications:
- Current research: Understanding the legacy market throughout Europe and the world
- Why and when we make and change wills/testaments
- The motivations for leaving a legacy and developing a vision to match the motivation
- Key research methods to find your donors and others (volunteers, staff, boards etc.)
- Who are your best prospects? Prioritising your donors and others
- Identifying all possible communication channels and maximizing the potential for each channel to encourage legacy giving through story telling and message development
- Distinguishing the best story tellers and the stories they should tell
- Evaluating Success
- Techniques on how to evaluate performance and success
- Potential pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Best-practice tools and strategies for implementing and executing the Legacy Fundraising Cycle in all stages and situations
- Richard Radcliffe
- Principles of corporate partnerships
- Types of corporate partnership
- Current trends in corporate partnerships
- Developing long term corporate partnerships for your charity or NPO
- Companies and sectors to align with
- Identifying prospects and contacts
- Ethical considerations
- Developing your assets
- First contact: cold calls and emails
- Building relationships
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Persuasive and compelling proposals
- Delivering and maximising long term partnerships
- Partnership essentials
- Successfully starting a new partnership
- Developing and maximising partnerships
- Integrating your partnership into your charity or NPO and partners’ business
- Successful partnership renewals
- Practical examples
- Group Work
- Individual to do plan to take away
- Julie Milnes
- The European and global impact of Individual Major Gifts
- What exactly is Individual Major Gift Fundraising?
- How does it relate to other high level fundraising methods?
- Where does it sit inside a fundraising strategy?
- What are the key conditions for successful Individual Major Gift Fundraising?
- Setting out on the Individual Major Gift journey:
- Climbing the Seven Steps to an Individual Major Gift
- Research and preparation
- Cultivating potential Individual donors
- Telling your story – the Elevator Pitch and the Case for Support
- Who should ask for an Individual Major Gift?
- How will you prepare for an asking meeting?
- What should you say in a meeting to ask for a gift?
- What do you do once we have secured the gift?
- How do we work with volunteer leadership and senior staff to get Individual Major Gifts?
- How do we Steward our donors so that they will give again?
- How do we evaluate Success?
- Who is best suited to this type of fundraising?
- Martin Kaufman
- 21. – 23.03.2019
- 3 Tage
- 10:00 – 18:00
- € 970,-- exkl. 19% USt.
- € 200,-- exkl. 19% USt.
€ 1154.30 incl. VAT per participant; for each additional participant from the same company, there is a discount of 10%. The participant fee includes participation in the course, confirmation of participation, course materials and refreshments.
After the course, the participant can take an optional 2-hour exam covering the entire content of the course. Upon successful completion of the exam, the participant will receive a course certificate from the NPO-Academy. For the examination, there is an additional fee of € 200 excl. 19% VAT (€ 238 incl. 19% VAT).
Sollten Sie Fragen zu diesem Kurs oder zu Fördermöglichkeiten haben, rufen Sie uns bitte unter +49 30 920 383 9994 an oder schicken Sie uns eine E-Mail an email@example.com. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Kontaktaufnahme.